Hey Jewelry Lovers! I know we all hate it when our jewelry turns our fingers green or when they get that brassy color but here are some jewelry tips for you to keep everything looking beautiful!
1. To maintain the original condition of your silver jewelry, polish your pieces regularly with a NON-ABRASIVE cleaning cloth.
2. Soap and water will also keep your silver looking good! remember DO NOT dry with paper towels or tissues, ALWAYS use a soft cloth.
3. When you’re not wearing your silver jewelry, store them in a cool dry place. zip lock bags and individual cloth pouches are ideal for this and will prevent tarnishing and scratching by other pieces.
4. NEVER immerse your silver jewelry in chlorine, salt water, mineral springs, and suntan lotion. Some household cleaners contain chlorine bleach which can cause discoloration and loosen gemstones.
5. Avoid abrasive cleaners, detergents, and commercial jewelry cleaner “dips” especially if they have and oxidized finish. Using harsh polishing cleaners will alter the antique look of you jewelry.
6. NEVER use and ultrasonic cleaner, ammonia, or any chemical solution to clean opaque gemstones, such as, turquoise, malachite, onyx, lapis lazuli, and opals; they’re a porous stone and may absorb chemicals which build up inside the stone and cause discoloration. Simply wipe them clean with a soft cloth.
7. If your jewelry contains gemstones or pearls, DO NOT immerse in water, as this can loosen some settings. NEVER use dips or abrasive cleaners on gemstones.